Old September 19th 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

Default New Single Parent Needs Advice

On Sep 18, 5:12 pm, wrote:
Hello,

My name is Kathy and I am a 20 year old female from NJ. Due to a
recent tragedy, I am now the sole guardian of my 10 year old sister.

I am sorry to hear that and wish you luck.

I am not sure what I am doing or even how to find support to not lose
the house or how to raise someone.

Excuse me for being blunt, but if you don't have the income or assets
to pay the mortgage, you are going to lose the house. Finding rental
housing for two people should not be that difficult, but I hope you
have an older friend or family member who knows what is involved in
selling a house. It's better to sell the house if you have any equity
than to wait for the bank to foreclose, which will ruin your credit
rating. A better newsgroup than this one for financial questions is
misc.invest.financial-plan .