Old December 11th 03, 02:11 AM
Slave

Default What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

Please read these before you do the circumcision!
Remember one important thing, its his reproductive organ and not yours.

"First do no harm"

More and more parents are choosing NOT to have it done because the have
become informed. The foreskin is a functioning sexual organ and doesn't
separate from the penis until the child is 9mos-3yrs old. So this tells you
that is has to be ripped away from the head of the penis before its cut off.
Most doctors DO NOT use pain medications. They strap the child in a
"circumstraint" and cover his face with a cloth. See the pictures in the
links below.

Diana

http://www.eskimo.com/~gburlin/mgm/facts.html

http://www.intact.ca/vidintro.htm

http://www.intact.ca/

"T" wrote in message
et...
I am having sons circumcision tomorrow. I had one other question.
They do not use pain killer because of swelling, is there something that

the
doc can use that will not swell. I heard of a cream that they can put on

minimize pain.

Also, why is it best practice to NOT do circumcision. I figure since my
first son is circ. I should have 2nd son also. I know they are doing the
circs now but taking less foreskin off.

I am in US.

Thanks again in advance