Old December 11th 03, 02:06 AM
Liz

Default What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

The AMA does not endorse routine circumcision for infant boys.

Many men believe that circumcision should be a matter of choice for adult
men, not something parents decide for you as an infant.

Circumcision was designed to reduce a boy's sexual appetite by reducing the
amount of pleasure sexual stimulation can provide him. According to Father
Magazine, depending on the cut, 20 to 80% of the sexually sensitive tissue
is removed.

Some folks argue that circumcision cures a tight foreskin, but today the
usual medical treatment for a tight foreskin is stretching, not
circumcision.

If you are concerned about one son wondering why he was circumcised while
the other wasn't, I would urge you not to let that factor into your
decision.

If you would not circumcise your daughter, please do not circumcise your
son.

Liz
Mother of 10 mos. old (uncircumcised) boy

"T" wrote in message
et...
I am having sons circumcision tomorrow. I had one other question.
They do not use pain killer because of swelling, is there something that

the
doc can use that will not swell. I heard of a cream that they can put on

minimize pain.

Also, why is it best practice to NOT do circumcision. I figure since my
first son is circ. I should have 2nd son also. I know they are doing the
circs now but taking less foreskin off.

I am in US.

Thanks again in advance