Old May 11th 04, 08:54 PM
Amy

Default Pain

I don't know at what point the pain could get unbearable, because when pain
gets unbearable for me I tend to stop feeling it - like you can only feel so
much pain. This seems to be very true of childbirth. Does that make any
sense? I'm actually really looking forward to this birth. Women have a much
higher pain tolerance than men, that's why men don't get pregnant ;-)

Seriously, I think people are in more pain when they are _scared_ of the
pain....just go with it, trust that your body knows how to do it's thing -
you'll be fine.

"Shannon" wrote in message
I was reading the very long thread regarding unassisted childbirth and
pain and it got me thinking....

When people say that the pain becomes unbearable, what do they mean
exactly? At what point do you know the pain is unbearable?

Does the pain become unbearable for the mother (ie. you pass out)?
Or does it become unbearable for the baby (ie. they become stressed)?
Or both?

Has anyone experienced a birth that was unmedicated and you went past
the point where you could have an epidural and it became unbearable?

--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.