Old September 10th 06, 01:04 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Paula

Default Baby Edmund Hillary!!

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:04:21 EDT, wrote:

It seems far too early for us to convert the cot into a bed. She simply
will not go to bed if we do. I would value any thoughts an ideas that
you have?

You can't have her falling out and getting hurt. Go for the toddler
bed and add some fun bedtime rituals to get her to stay there. You
are probably going to have to do that any time you move her out of the
crib, so might as well do it now. I would read stories in the rocker
with the child on my lap and only dim lighting. Then she would get
into bed while I stayed in the rocker and sang some songs to her. Then
I would kiss her gently and tell her goodnight and she would stay in
bed. She'd had lots of quiet relaxing time to get very sleepy by
then. Sometimes she would even fall asleep before the singing was
over. I haven't had to bug them to go to sleep from then on and they
are now 8 and 11. No fights at bed time.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,