Old July 22nd 06, 01:37 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Beth Kevles

Default Gas problem

Hi --

Altbough it is possible for just about any food to cause gas in the
nursing infant, pears strike me as unlikely. And I sure wouldn't
eliminate a food with just a single day of gassiness! The gas could
have been caused by a different food, by a passing virus, by sheer bad
luck, and the pear could be completely innocent!

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Have you eaten pears? Even if you haven't eaten anything "clasically"
gassy such as beans or cauliflower, innocent-looking stuff such as
pears
could be the culprit. A friend of mine ate a pear and her daughter was
gassy all day after that!