Old July 22nd 06, 03:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jo

Default Breastfeeding & Adoption?

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
Jo wrote:

I spoke to my cousin who is going to be adopting. She asked about
breastfeeding and how can she produce milk. There is a lot of
information online, but I was hoping to hear from someone who had
actually done it and how they went about it. How difficult was it?

http://adoptivebreastfeeding.wordpress.com/ is the blog of someone
who's currently in the process of lactating for her upcoming adoption. I
don't know your cousin's situation, but this woman has already breastfed
once and is therefore relactating, which makes things automatically
easier for her; and she is adopting an older baby, so she's presumably
going to end up EPing rather than nursing. I don't know how those
factors compare to your cousin's case. However, she might find it an
interesting read.

All the best,

Sarah

Thank you, and thank you everyone for the info. I think I know which
Jamie you mean. As soon as I get a chance, I will pop off an email to her.

Jo