Old August 26th 06, 05:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Cathy Kearns

Default How to tie shoelaces

"Chookie" wrote in message
At what age do kids typically learn to tie their shoelaces? And how do

you
teach it?

I learned it before kindergarten, watching either Romper Room or Hobo Kelly
on TV. This means I learned the "two rabbit ear" method, whereas my husband
learned the "rabbit through the hole" method. Which, of course, we each
tried to teach the kids, confusing them greatly, until they learned it in
kindergarten with yet another story: Something about snakes in the grass,
then the bunny hops up, another bunny chases around it into the hole". I
think they tie shoes like my husband.

I do know, from coaching and watching years of soccer, that it isn't
apparent to most kids what you mean by double knotting your shoes. :-)