Old August 5th 05, 08:25 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Getting bigger and bigger (36w update)

I don't know if it is possible, but today I kept bumping into things
again, which is usually a sign that my belly has expanded even more. I am
slowly starting to feel like a homo giganticus... I did some measurements:
hips are 123cm, waist is 123cm, fundal height is 52cm. And that is a very
optimistic measurement, since I cannot feel my pubic bone very well, my
arms are getting too short... DH also took some neat pictures of my
enormous bump. I am down to 2 pairs of pants, and one of those is really
getting tight.

Since a few days I am having lots of BH and some nightly contractions, but
nothing serious. With DS I had this for a week, and I just read that with
a second pregnancy these symptoms start earlier, and are more pronounced.
The contractions disappear as soon as I get up, but they are waking me up,
causing me to be very tired during the day. At the next check-up (tuesday)
I will ask for some sleeping pills, so I can at least get enough rest.

Good news: my back is back to normal! And more good news: everything is
ready for the babies (room, stroller, car seats, dad, grandparents) except
for myself. I feel so good, they can stick around a bit longer.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)