Old July 18th 03, 05:23 AM
Wendy Marsden

Default 6 week imunisation - good or bad

CBI wrote:

And besides - waiting until 4 months will not get you past the risk of SIDS.

And there-in lies the crux: there are risks to every decision. People who
studied this issue decided it was too important - too great a benefit to
pass up - so required vaccination for children in our society. Not
because they didn't value children or didn't mind endangering them, but
because they weighed the cumulative risks to those same children against
the risks of the vaccines and decided the vaccines were the best bet.

I'm not one that bows down to mass-mentality thinking all that often, but
I do believe that people who honestly know more about a subject can be
trusted to make decisions in that arena. I don't tend to substitute my
judgment for my pediatricians lightly where medical issues are concerned.

My advice is to ask your pediatrician. If you don't trust her answer then
find another pediatrician.

Wendy