Old July 22nd 03, 07:10 AM
Cele

Default help me keep my son from perpetuating the cycle of abuse (very long)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:25:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:55:57 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Yeah, mine was probably when I left home and realized how bloody naive I
was. The only thing that kept me alive was that I had brains, and I

learned
fast. I even remember spending a cold, hungry night outside walking the
piers of Victoria because I had no where else to go. What a rough
awakening. But my truly defining moment didn't come until later, when I
became pregnant. I knew I was responsible for someone other than myself,
and I needed to get my **** together. I'm proud that I've made it.

Hey, did you grow up in Victoria??? When did you leave? I went to Vic
High.....

I wonder if we know each other? Or do I vaguely remember that you're
younger than I am?

Cele

I'm 27, and I didn't leave Edmonton, for Victoria until 1994. I lived a few
months in Vancouver as well... boy do I miss the ocean. Perhaps after
Graduate school, I'll look for work out there. I find I can't tolerate the
winters here anymore, they're too long.

Oh, okay, I'm 44, so that means I left a long time before you got
there. I graduated from Vic High in '75 and left then to go to UBC.
Haven't ever lived there since, although I did do 7 years in Nanaimo
and 1 in Port Alberni.

I miss the ocean too. I live a couple of hours from it now and would
love to be able to go to it more easily. When I was a kid and I was
stressed out I used to go storm around the beach at Dallas Road. I
lived about half a block from Clover Point. If I was having a *really*
bad day I'd go all along the beach and then look at tombstones in the
cemetary at Ross Bay. Always felt better after that. Sort of freed up
my head to think. LOL

Anyway, I hear ya about the winters. These here in the Fraser Valley
are really short and wet. But I'm homesick for Whitehorse anyway. I
wish I could go back sometimes. And I miss my daughter who's there.

Oh well.

If you come this way you'll have to let me know so we can get
together. :-)

Cele