Old March 10th 09, 09:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default poll on babies after having high-needs baby

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were any

of
them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my third was
high-needs. I think that scares me most about having another baby. I'm not
pregnant but I am thinking about it, but I'm just really scared. My third
baby was so hard for me and I had a nice two/three year depression while
dealing with her. She's 6.5 now and the main reason I've not had more is
because I worry about going through that again. If I did decide to get
pregnant(and it actually work, I'm older and it took a year last time), it
would be at least a year from now, after the economy is better and dh's

job
is stable again.

--
Marie
~The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of

Heh, I've had similar thoughts too. I always wanted 3 kids, but #2 is
proving to be a real mummy's boy... the colic and his general mummy-ness is
a real trial, and he hates everyone but me and DD, but we're getting there.
DD was, and is, a real independant little lady, but Kieran wants his mum
24/7! That said, we are making progress, but the thought of these two and
another clingy baby is scary.... but, I think I will regret it if I don't
have another. I've definitely had PND this time round, but I'm hoping that
once they're all bigger, it'll be easy to see it was all worth it - the way
I see it, I wouldn't swap either of them, no matter what, and I guess #I'd
feel the same about #3 - still scary as hell tho!

Lucy xx