Old February 27th 08, 07:36 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Aruna

Default going back to work-- advice on weaning

Hello,

I have been breastfeeding my 13 month old daughter from day one. I was
sick when i was 9 months pregnant and had to quit my job. Now I intend
going back, the problem being weaning my daughter. I feed her 2-3
times during the day(only when she needs to go to sleep) and she
wouldnt sleep any other way. My mother is with me now to assist me in
getting back to work with the baby, but our efforts are in vain. She
wouldnt go to my mother when she is sleepy and is crying all day. I
know that i am kind of being early in trying to wean, but i have no
other option.

We tried to give her bottle, she wouldnt take, infact she keeps
screaming if we try anything other than the breast. I am trying to
make sure she spends as much time with DH and my mom as well, but when
its time to sleep she needs only MOMMY and shoves away everyone else.

PLEASE any inputs are appreciated!!

Thanks
Aruna.