Old March 24th 04, 12:16 AM
dragonlady

Default More School Issues (warning: VERY long!)

In article _548c.67248$J05.519322@attbi_s01,
"toypup" wrote:

"Circe" wrote in message
You haven't gotten MY son out of bed g. I dread the teen years if it's
this hard at 6.5yo!

When he's a teen, it will be his responsibility to wake up and get out of
bed.

I find that the age at which they willingly take responsibility for this
varies somewhat; I have one who has been getting himself up since he
was about 8, and one who still fights waking up at 18!

However, you are right that by the time kids are in their teens, it's
generally a good idea to get out of their way on this one, and let them
get themselves out of bed in the morning. I will make an exception if
someone has to get up unusually early -- but since I'm one of the
easiest "wakers" in the house, I make the same exception for DH. If
someone has to be up earlier than normal, I generally get myself up,
just to make sure they get up. Since one of mine can still, if she's
over tired, sleep through her alarm clock, it can come in handy.

meh