Old March 24th 04, 02:40 AM
Circe

Default More School Issues (warning: VERY long!)

dragonlady wrote:
In article _548c.67248$J05.519322@attbi_s01,
"toypup" wrote:
"Circe" wrote in message
You haven't gotten MY son out of bed g. I dread the teen years
if it's this hard at 6.5yo!

When he's a teen, it will be his responsibility to wake up and get
out of bed.

I find that the age at which they willingly take responsibility for
this varies somewhat; I have one who has been getting himself up
since he was about 8, and one who still fights waking up at 18!

However, you are right that by the time kids are in their teens,
it's generally a good idea to get out of their way on this one, and
let them get themselves out of bed in the morning.

I was mostly joking when I wrote that, anyway. I've been watching the
updated version of _Freaky Friday_ a little too often lately. Given that the
mother's efforts to get her 15yo daughter out of bed seem to mirror mine to
get my 6.5yo out of bed, I related a little too strongly, I guess g!

Still, the teen years are tough in this respect because school schedules
seldom recognize that teens often can't fall asleep until the wee hours of
the morning and start at very early hours. The result is a lot of
sleep-deprived teens who have a hard time getting up in the morning. It's a
stereotype with a lot of basis in fact, and it isn't entirely the kids'
fault!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [2] mom)