Old March 4th 04, 07:57 PM
Bebe lestrnge

Default Back or belly?

Back or belly?

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2004, 7:28pm (EST+5)
From: (lm)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:17:16 -0500 (EST),
(Bebe
lestrnge) wrote:

Bev wrote:
We have an issue going on about Jaime being put down to sleep ........ I
myself had always layed my kids on their belly, they did sleep better.
Mari says she heard/read that sudden infant death is linked to this?

lm wrote:
Backs are better.
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm
lm

Bev wrote:
Thanks for the link ! So far I have learned that the crib bumpers must
go, and yeah back is better , I never knew there was even more of a risk
if the baby is born of a teenage mom ........ I still can't seem to
grasp why sleeping on the belly or side could stop a baby from breathing
? Think I'll dive deeper into that link.......Thanks again! Bev