Old December 13th 07, 02:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default Organic milk / hormone free milk

"toto" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:53:24 -0800 (PST), Beliavsky
wrote:

On the subject of milk, I place no value on the "organic" label, but I
do wonder when my kids should start drinking skim (fat-free) milk like
their parents, rather than whole milk. Right now the two boys (2 and
4yo) are a bit skinny, so we are continuing with whole milk.

Children need more fat than adults at least until they are 2 or 3, as
I understand it.

UK guidelines a
Not cows milk until age 1 year
Full fat until age 2 years
Can use semiskinned at 2 years
Can use skimmed milk at 5 years.

Recommended semiskinned from age 5years (rather than full fat) unless there
are health/weight issues (either way).

Debbie