Old May 25th 04, 01:20 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Sick of the horror stories!

Cathy wrote:

And actually, the worst stories I have heard are from those who had hospital
births! People who have had home births or birthing centre births seem to
be so much better.

Yeah, I think that's the great irony ;-) If you count
up the birthing stories, I think the overwhelming majority
of out-of-hospital births are presented as happy stories,
and the overwhelming majority of the horror stories are
planned hospital births. Now, that is somewhat skewed
because the vast majority of births are planned hospital
births to begin with, plus any birth involving an induction
is going to be a hospital birth. Still, if I were going
to make a decision based purely on what location seemed
to generate the best birth stories, it'd have to be a
homebirth ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka