Old June 15th 07, 04:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
~Hunee~

Default Baby names and NO idea

"sharalyns" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 13, 10:48 am, "Jamie Clark" wrote:
"NL" wrote in message

sharalyns wrote:

My question is "Why 'S'?" As someone who grew up in a family of all
'S' names (including the pets), let me tell you, it was *highly*
annoying. I've sworn off giving any names to future children that are
duplicates of any current family members (so for next baby, A, G, J,
and S are completely out). Anyway, I just thought I 'd throw that out
there in case you hadn't thought of it. :-)

I grew up with a sibling who had the same first initial as I did, and it
never bothered me. His name is Jay. Both mom and dad had different
first
initials, and pets as well. So it was just a kid thing, and honestly, it
makes me smile and feels like a bonding thing. Jay and Jamie. I
actually
have an older sister that I met later on, and her name starts with an L.

Yeah, I think it was because the *whole* family was 'S' (plus pets).

Stephen
Shannon
Sharalyn
Scott
Seth
Stephanie
(and if there had been more, Spencer and Stacia)

Then you throw in the animals:
Spunky
Sugar
Sassy
Sylvester
Sandi
Smudgkin
Strawberry
Sugarbutton
Shoely
Smidgen
Sammy
Simonetta
and of course our plecostomus: Sucktoria

It got old *very* quickly despite my parents love for this....All
three kids still living have sworn we will not do this to our
children. :-) And we're pretty close for the most part.

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

I did the same thing but with the middle initial.
All L's bar the last one.
--
Trish

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."