Old December 12th 03, 04:54 PM

Default Pregnant, Nursing mothers should limit intake of tuna

limit their intake of tuna and other fish and
shellfish to 12 ounces a week
==============================

Geez, that's two cans a week . . . here I've been eating two cans a day!

Yah, lots of that mercury is generated from burning coal in power plants for
electricity. We burn lots of it here in Texas . . .
There's been efforts in Texas to get coal power plants here to put more
efficient scrubbers on their smokestacks, but the industry managed to get
exemptions for any plant built before 1972, which is almost all of them, so
despite all the fancy laws they say they're passing to fix the problem, they
really haven't done anything, and I doubt they will anytime soon.
Ugh.
--Tock