Old December 5th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Doan

Default Greg, it's a 'must read.' Gloating or Ill Wishes vs Threatsof violence

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Ron wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Ron wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Ron wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message
On 4 Dec 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Ron wrote:

"MichaelĀ©" wrote in message
. 97.140...
"Ron" wrote in
:

"Doug" wrote in message
Absolutely not. You can tell the absolute truth and lose a
suit
because you chose to tell it to the detriment and loss of
the
complainant.

Hi, Kane,

Nope. Truth is an absolute defense against libel. If the
defendant
proves the statement to be true in a libel suit, he prevails.
Period.
Absolute defense.

If there is one thing you should have learned in posting to
this
news
group for as long as you have Doug, "Truth" is a matter of
perspective.

Fact, on the other hand, is what is the ultimate defense.

Truth is an absolute defense in the United States and Canada
defamation
(libel and slander).

Un uh, Michael. That's a myth based on folks ignoring
qualifiers
you'll
nearly always see in the authorities referenced, that
actually
say,
"in almost every instance truth is an absolute defense."

Michael is correct. Truth is an absolute defense in libel
suits.
That
the truth happens to cause detriment to the plaintiff does not
in
any
manner, shape or form mitigate the absolute defense of truth.

No Doug, its not. Fact is. Truth is variable.

If truth is a variable, it is not a fact.

LMAO

=====================================
truth

+ noun (pl. truths /trooths, troo&ulth;z/) 1 the quality or
state
of
being true. 2 (also the truth) that which is true as opposed to
false. 3
a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

ORIGIN Old English.

Oxford University Press, 2006
=====================================

The truth is a fact.

Therefore, you contradicted yourself above.

Ron

Actually mikey, I didnt, and you proved my point. "3 a fact or
belief
that
is accepted as true."

Ron

Fact and truth are synonymous, Ron.

Yours is a fundamentalist claim, Doan.

Humans aren't that simple. And after all, it's humans that make such
rules, not gods.

And the courts are ruled by human, not god!

Doan

So, proof please.

Showing universal agreement with your claim, if you don't mind.

Show me a case where the truth is a not defense for libel, if you can.