Old May 13th 04, 09:19 PM
Nan

Default no epidural!!!!!

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:03:24 GMT, "Gilbey and Susie"
wrote:

i can't get an epidural! they only do nubain and intrathecals for pain
relief. i wanted to be totally numb when this kid pops out but looks like i
can't. anyone have any experience with intrathecals and nubain????

I had Nubain, and it worked okay for me.... it took the edge off my
contractions which is what I needed at the time.

I had an epidural (ended up with a c-section, as babe was stuck and I
wouldn't dilate after 2 days of trying for a vbac), and I have to
say.... even though I was glad I could be awake during her birth, I
*hated* the effect of the epidural. I felt nothing, which was the
whole point, but I literally kept falling asleep during the surgery
and afterwards, which interfered with my ability to bond right after
birth.

Nan