Old March 9th 05, 06:05 PM
hbar

I'm very sorry for your loss. When my Dad died one of his old college
friends made a booklet about their friendship with lots of photos of my
Dad, I really treasure it and it gave me lots of comfort. So I think
your idea of a booklet will really be appreciated, especially in the
future.
Helen

Welches wrote:
I'm going up to my nephew's funeral tomorrow, and next week my

sister's
coming back to stay with me. I'm having to take #2, and I'm scared of

saying
anything tactless or insensitive. My thoughts at the moment a
I have a small (cherished teddy) ornament to give them and a card,

and Mum's
getting a pot of tulips for me to give (I'm going up by train so I

don't
think I can carry it) so they can choose to plant them later if they

wish
to.
All the clothes I'm taking for #2 will be girlie and not babyish so

she will
be less of a reminder. She's also meant to be sleeping in his cot

(their
suggestion, if it's a problem then she'll cosleep with me) so I'm

taking a
pink blanket.
I have done a little booklet for the children, about Matthew so they

don't
forget him. I would like to show/give one to my sister at some point?

thought probably not at the funeral, any suggestions when?
I am going to do a little diary of the messages mum sent about

Matthew, and
things that are to do with his life, plus recording the "goodwill

messages"
we've got. I thought that later she might like to look at it and see

other
memories of him.
We also have 3 pictures of him on the computer. I will offer to cut a

CD
with them on when she's here.

Any suggestions other than the obvious: i.e. not complaining about

the
children(-or saying how wonderful they are!!) not making stupid

comments
like "all for the best, or you'll have another". Anything that people

could
say was particularly helpful-or unhelpful to avoid.
Debbie