Old July 20th 04, 12:14 AM
Donna

Default Sad story

"Jenrose" wrote in message

"Donna" wrote in message

If a drug is proven *as* effective (instead of more
effective) than a competitor's, but has a better QOL outcome, it makes

for
better product, in a way.

Does that make sense?

Well, I actually think QOL is important. For example... if I take Advair,

have few asthma attacks. If I take Singulair, I have few asthma attacks.

My
quality of life is *much* better with Singulair, because it is a pill and

only have to take it once a day, vs. inhalant twice per day. Singulair

also
happens to deal with some other allergy issues as well, but the asthma

thing
is why I take it, primarily. And that's all about QOL. Benedryl is as or
more effective than Zyrtec at fighting allergies, but at every 4-6 hour
dosing and the sleepy side effects, the QOL is much lower.

Jen, that's a very good argument for QOLs. Thanks for making it. I don't
do much OTC work, so your example really helps me put this in solid terms.
Thanks.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of the post on homebirth, etc - not
that I didn't read it, and don't value your experiences, but because I'm
just sick to death of the whole thread, and this newsgroup is just about the
last place for me to be discussing anti-holistic/homebirth/pro-medicine
stuff. But I'm glad you are comfortable in your choice.

Donna