Old October 1st 03, 09:18 PM
P. G. Chavez

Default Storing Breast Milk

HollyLewis wrote and I snipped:

Can someone point me in the direction of the CORRECT guidelines for milk
storage, thawing, etc? I want to be sure that I handle the milk
safely...the last thing I want is to make dd sick!

The La Leche League website has a list of storage times. In the fridge for 5-7
days is the more commonly accepted guideline; the Avent people are probably
being overly cautious for liability reasons. But if you won't use the milk
within several days, it's best to freeze it sooner rather than later.

Look at the LLL web page below:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/milkstorage.html

HTH,
-Patty, mom to Corinne [Mar-98] and Nathan [May-00]
and stepmom to Victoria [Apr-90]