Old August 25th 03, 06:10 PM
She's A Goddess

Default No more LAM, thoughts on IUD

Owen is nine weeks old today. He's been ramping up his night-time sleep
since he was born, going from six to seven hours the last few days and last
night slept eight and a half hours! Yay me, right? Well since sister is
still waking up one to three times per night a lot of the time I don't
actually get to sleep straight through and I almost wish I was letting her
nurse (we're on a "you can nurse when you wake up and its light out"
schedule) but I know it had gotten out of control and I want to get her to
sleeping through also. So, with LAM out the window now, I've got to come up
with some reliable contraception. I really want to avoid the mini-pill
although I can't really say why. I tried to be fitted for a diaphragm after
Maddie was born and apparently have to short of a natural cervix. So, I'm
leaning toward an IUD. My insurance pays for it so it'll only cost $20 to
insert and $20 to remove, which is a good deal. The question is, should I
go with a regular one or with Mirena? Will the hormones in the Mirena cause
any supply issues (my recollection is no because it isn't estrogen?)? And
finally, will it induce a period? Or will I still not have one until my
body otherwise would have ramped back up?

Thanks!

--
Rhiannon
Madison Sophia - 9/6/01