Old October 13th 03, 03:50 AM
Anne Rogers

Default supplementing with formula - does anyone here?

Ok if dr's know what they are talking about, why was it they recommended
solids from 3 months, then they changed it to 4 months and now it's 6? I
think that show just how much they don't know.
I am the best judge of when *my* baby is ready for solids. Kami is 5 months
in a few days, and he loves his solids.

hmm, I might be being forgetful, but wasn't kami born 5th June? making him
5months on 5th November? My computer clock says today is 13th October so
that's not a few days

It was either introduce solids, or give up breastfeeding. This way he is
still breastfed, and has solids. In these situatuations moms have to decide
what's right in their individual circumstances.

I'm definitely of the opinion that early solids (after 4 months though)
are a lesser evil than formula, though why would not introducing solids
mean giving up breastfeeding?