Old August 10th 06, 07:34 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Chris

Default handling own medicine--what age?

At what age can kids be responsible for taking things like tylenol or
allergy medicines on their own as needed? My son is turning 15 and
occassionally gets a headache and suffers from some mild seasonal
allergies. Until now I've kept all the medicines in my room and he has
to ask for pills. I'm thinking he is old enough to have tylenol and
OTC allergy medicines in his own bathroom to take when he wants. Any
experiences to share? I'm not really worried about him ODing on
tylenol, but wonder if there are some issues that maybe make this a bad
idea that I hadn't thought of. Or have I been way overprotective for
years!

Chris