Old November 23rd 09, 04:00 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default calling kids names such as "idiots"

"Ignoramus10802" wrote in message
I often call my kids nams such as "fools" or "idiots" when they do
something stupid. They know that I do not really mean it seriously (as
in "self fulfilling prophesy" etc). What my older one told me
recently, is that he is no longer worried by namecalling at school, as
any such teasing adjectives just do not bother him altogether, because
is is used to hearing this stuff at home. I thought that it was neat.

I agree with dejablues. Your children are not impacted by what you call
them because they are too young to understand the full meaning of what you
are saying. When they are older and can analyze it more thoroughly, they
may react more negatively, and then it will be too late.