Old September 17th 03, 05:05 AM
Marie

Default another weird nursing habit

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:14:06 GMT, "K.B." wrote:
My baby will be 5 months soon. He has been sticking his finger in the side
of his mouth while he's nursing. He rolls his finger in there. It's so weird
and it pinches my nipple. Plus he doesn't get a good suction and he slurps
milk. I don't know if his gums bother him or he just likes the way it feels
to suck his finger and nipple together. I hold his hand but he gets it away
and puts it there real fast.

Can you try swaddling him? That is what I do to prevent other habits.
Bethany would stick her finger in her mouth as she was dozing off.
Once she realized the nipple wasn't in there she put her hand down and
latched back on.
Marie