Old September 20th 03, 04:41 AM
Marie

Default another weird nursing habit

"Melissa" wrote in message
news:FK%9b.488338$o%2.217805@sccrnsc02...
DD does this too. I usually hold her hand while nursing so that she can't
slip her thumb in her mouth. When she's not doing that, she's swinging her
arm and hitting me, so the hand holding thing is really useful. I don't

want
to swaddle her when nursing because (a) I don't want to do that when NIP

and
(b) swaddling is a signal that it's time to sleep and I don't want to
confuse her.

Piggybacking...
I only swaddle when I'm getting her to sleep. The rest of the time I
don't, I just put up with my nose getting picked and my breast getting
pinched or feet in my mouth ;o) If I tried to hold her hand down she
will stop nursing and scream. Before I started swaddling her again (I
did as a newborn but stopped at about 2 months and started back later)
she would get so upset at me holding her arm or hand down and I ended
up putting mittens on her hands from her pinching me so bad.
I wouldn't mind swaddling to NIP (though it wouldn't be a good job of
swaddling doing it standing up) but she doesn't NIP much anymore. The
world is just too exciting nowadays.
Marie