Old August 3rd 04, 07:25 PM
Irene

Default Reviews of carseats, strollers etc

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote in message ...
Tracey wrote:

I found the customer reviews on BabiesRUs.com (okay, Amazon) to be very
helpful.

Really? I don't trust the reviews at Amazon at all. I know that at
least on the book side, the reviews have been known to sometimes be
bogus. Sometimes they're written by the book's own author! I wouldn't
be too surprised if some of the reviews on baby products are also bogus.

I haven't noticed them being that bad, but in general, I look for the
criticisms, and not just glowing reports. If there is one glowing
report and no others, it doesn't tell me much, but if there are
several reports and they have pros and cons, it gives a more balanced
review. I won't take anyone's word as being absolute, but at least I
know what to look out for.

I have heard that a lot of the negative reviews haven't been showing
up lately. I haven't had to buy much baby gear lately, so I'm not
sure how true that is.

Irene