Old March 17th 05, 04:37 AM
bizby40

"Jeff" wrote in message

One other thing that crossed my mind is that there might be other parents
who are planning to do something for the leaders. In which case, you
would expect someone to clue you into it so you could work togother or
whatever. (Nothing you said in your post suggested that you wouldn't work
with someone else - in fact, I get the opposite imporssion - or that you
wouldn't get out of the way and let the other person do whatever.)

Oh, yeah. I would have been way happy to get out of the way and let
someone else take over!

I understand your frustration with the email thing and calling people. I
had two kids on my soccer team whose family (they were cousins living in
the same household). They spoke Spanish at home. When I called, I got "no
english" and they hung up. I ended up sending a let or postcard when the
next practice or game was with a copy of the schedule. I gave up trying
to contact htem after that.

That's like one of our cub scouts. We're not sure if his family still
considers
him to be in the den or not. So they're still on the e-mail distribution
list,
but we make no other effort to contact them.

Bizby

Jeff