Old January 4th 04, 08:29 PM
Andrew

Default Bitter rant

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

lm wrote in message

"Dennis Here" wrote:

I know from your previous posts that you are capable of taking pleasure

from
the small things in life that really matter. The small priceless things

that
cost nothing concerning your daughters milestones and achievements.

And it's because of that that you should have let him alone.

Ah, the joy of the newsgroups. I get to respond as I read it.
Can't please everyone all of the time.

Talk
about sanctimonious!

But of course! I really was Mr. Perfect and nothing was ever my fault. ;-)

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Sadly BTInternet has not yet got the previous post you put but found it with
a Google. The one you started with 'you are not going to like this post'.
Just a couple of things, think I am going to take the advice I saw posted
earlier about not posting when 'in my cups' and feeling maudlin. However,
no, I did not take a self satisfied approach with friends as to what I was
doing (I can only speak for what I feel), it is not the type of thing that
comes up in conversation normally. I can see your point about how it can be
viewed by other people two ways but how other people view it is something
that I feel those people have to deal with not me. What person A thinks of
me is person A's issue and not mine. You said I overlooked my
responsibilities towards quality time with my family, well, I made sure
never to stint when my daughter was not in school but you are right about me
overlooking my responsibility to make my relationship with my wife work
after our daughter was born and I acknowledge that (not happily and its not
something I am proud of but I have been thinking about it and you being able
to see it just confirms my thoughts). Looking back I did not put enough work
into the relationship, yes, I am guilty. Yes, I think I screwed up there.
One other thing I must say though, if it came across that attending my
daughters functions is an obligation let me correct that right now, its an
indescribable joy! The things I do with my daughter I do because I want to
and there is no reinvention needed there. The feelings I get watching my
daughter do things and the pleasure I get from just her is something that I
am pretty sure you know about anyway. Yes, I love the small things, deciding
what pictures are going on the wall next, the silly games we play, the
cooking experiments (apart from when I have to eat the one with the added
ingredients she thought would be great).

Keep it coming. It is useless for people to feel they have to just be all
sweetness and light. The stuff you say is appreciated. I don't agree with a
lot of that particular post but the bit that I do agree with is my failure
of responsibility on the relationships. Reminders like this will help me
learn (I hope).

Happy New Year to you too.

Andrew