Old September 26th 04, 05:06 AM
Ron

"WitchWirsen" wrote in message
news:bFq5d.119043$D%.4421@attbi_s51...
NCIC?
I signed a permission to do a background check with the FBI when I apped

foster.
If NCIC is a background check with the FBI then DFS most certainly DOES do
them.

They do DOJ checks here in Neb., as well as Registry checks and
fingerprints. I'd assume that they run those through the NCIC Fingerprint
database. CPS can get its own connection to the NCIC system for little cost
since it is a state agency and has a reason to have it.

Ron

"Doug" wrote in message
Kane writes:

Kane.....
I KNOW it is. That doesn't mean it's a full crim check and it sure as
hell isn't FBI interstate such as foster and adoptive applicants have
to have if they have lived outside their present state of residence

in
the past five years....(varies from state to state I believe).
( I was referring to NCIC bg checks he denies are run on anyone below)

Doug......
"NCIC background checks are not run on ANY principal, client or foster
or guardian applicant. CPS in my jurisdiction is not allowed access
the the FBI's database (NCIC).

So, point out to him that post from a WA vendor, a "jackleg"
apparently. who claims:

"Background checks are multilayered and unnecessarily complex. As many
as four state and private agencies can be involved in one request. If
the applicant has lived out of state any time during the past three
years, fingerprints also are required. The Washington State Patrol
then conducts an FBI check. Now, we have five agencies involved."

Hi, Kane!

Fern's post or the article she quotes does not in any way dispute my

claim
that CPS cannot and does not run NCIC checks. Nor does CPS run these
NCIC
checks through law enforcement agencies.

CPS is not a law enforcement agency and therefore denied access to NCIC

by
the FBI.

Doug