Old March 29th 06, 06:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default sore, calloused nipple

OK. My DS's frenulum was clipped last Tuesday. By then, the pain had
become bearable, so I felt almost like it was unnecessary. Now the pain
is back. I think I'm seeing a pattern, of 1-2 weeks of bearable pain,
then 1 week unbearable and excruciating pain. What's going on??? It
doesn't seem like clipping the frenulum made any difference. Also, he
continues to make clucking noises when he nurses, usually after I
switch him from one side to the other, and he gets very agitated on the
second side, swallows lots of air, cries, and pushes away from me, all
the while rooting and opening his mouth like he wants more. I'm so
confused.I've been to two lactation consultants, spent loads of money
on them, and haven't seen any improvement. All my friends have no
problems breastfeeding; I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I
have no idea what. SIGH!!! Please help.