Old September 22nd 04, 11:25 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jill wrote:

But I am telling you, if this kid had kicked *me* (it's a relative), I think
I would have spanked him too. He is out of control.

Spank him and you'll just escalate the violence.
Why would hitting him teach him not to hit you? It just
models inappropriate behavior for him. If you can hit
him, why can't he hit you?

Opinions? Discipline that would work when "time out" is a joke? "Time out"
does not work for every kid although I know a 3 year old boy who finds time
out to be the WORST punishment ever, and will do anything to avoid it. lol.

There are *tons* of other things to do besides
time out, including removal from the situation or removal
of privileges. There's a way to get to nearly every kid.

Best wishes,
Ericka