Old August 13th 03, 08:59 PM
newfy

Default Complaining about parents was: Dealing with "mommy dearest"

"Elizabeth Reid" wrote in message Hey, Ali's Daddie,
I don't mean to pick on you, and I'm sure
your mom is as difficult as you say. But does anyone other than
me get a weird feeling now when they complain about their
parents? Complaining about my mom (who is a good person, but we
aren't much alike and she doesn't seem to know that) has been a
lifelong pastime of mine, but now when I do it I look at my son
and think, "Oh, God, is this what you're going to be saying about
*me* in twenty years?"

And the answer is, "Probably." How depressing.

I understand what you are saying Elizabeth, and I have thought about the
same thing with my son. It would break my heart. However, our relationship
is not abusive. Les has described his abusive upbringing which is a little
different than just complaining about an annoying parent. His issues lie
much deeper.

--
JennP.
mom to matthew 10/11/00