Old September 3rd 03, 07:31 PM
Karen G

Default Two broken arms :-O

Gracious, I feel for you. Casts are a pain. At least he can pick a
neat color and they aren't as heavy as the old plaster ones. How long
will the permanent casts have to stay on? We went through a dislocated
elbow/broken arm with surgery last summer. What a deal! We were very
blessed with a good pediatric orthopaedist.

Good luck with the necessary activities. It took my then two year-old
quite a bit of time to get the hang of going to the bathroom and eating.
With two casts it is going to be twice as hard. Fortunately, at 2 she
only had to have the cast on for 4 weeks.

A note to you and to other parents with kids in casts for the first
time. The removal can be quite traumatic. They use a saw connected to
vacuum cleaner to cut the cast material. Always make sure the person
doing the removal shows the child (on his/herself) and then on the
child's other hand or leg that the blade will not cut skin. The noise
is bad enough, but the idea of a blade is pretty awful.

Karen G