Old December 17th 08, 02:54 PM posted to misc.kids
Nikki

Default Sigh. Confused more than ever about orthodontics.

toypup wrote:

I wonder if they have to pull baby teeth to let the adult teeth through,
if that means there will be no room for adult teeth when they are all
in. I mean, baby teeth are much smaller than adult teeth, after all. I
know the jaw will grow, but I wonder if that's enough.

His molar was pulled because of abscess but he has had other baby teeth
pulled to make room for adult teeth - and yes his adult teeth will be
way over crowded. I had adult teeth pulled to make room for them all
also. He has two baby teeth with no perm. teeth under them so if he
needs any pulled, it will be those. My 7yo has 4 baby teeth with no
perm. teeth under them. I think my boys got the short end of the stick
when it comes to decent teeth. All my fault too

--

Nikki