Old March 31st 05, 12:04 AM

On 30 Mar 2005 11:33:58 -0500, (Herman
Rubin) wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:
"Bob Coleslaw" wrote in
:

Is it better for the government to give out vouchers so
parents can send their kids to private schools, or to use
that money to fix up the public schools?

vouchers are a really bad idea. i do NOT want my tax dollars
used to fund any type of private school, especially not any
flavor of parochial school.
i have no issues with private schools, my kid attends one,
but i want my taxes to fix the public schools for the kids who
can't go to private school for whatever reason.
vouchers may help the elite, but they'll hurt the kids who
need better schools the most.
lee

At this time, NO student who is capable of getting a good
degree in mathematics or science or engineering or
agriculture or economics is getting even a fair high school
education corresponding to his abilities.

Utter nonsense, as usual.