Old October 25th 07, 07:24 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default room heater

wrote in
ups.com:

For some weird reason my kids' room is much colder than the
rest of the house. We are thinking of buying a room heater.
Anything specific to look for or are all models the same?
It's a medium sized room about 11x13 ft.

what do you mean by 'much colder'? if the house is 70, the
room is 50? (my living room is like that, but it has a
fireplace)
add blankets, and/or check the heaters in that room (FHA can
get clogged ducts & FHW can also clog or leak. electric
heaters can burn out or short). room heaters are frequent
causes of fires.
if you must go the supplimental heater route, make sure it is
UL approved, has auto shut off if it tips or overheats & keep
it far *far* away from curtains, beds, closets, anything
except a hard surface. do not place on a carpeted floor. do
not place where a child can reach it or can jostle it enough
to fall over. only run it if there is an adult present....
lee