Old June 13th 07, 07:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Default Baby names and NO idea

"ncrist" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 13, 10:34 am, "Lucy-lu" wrote:
"NL" wrote in message

I know the feeling. I have a girl name and we're all pretty sure it
will
be a girl. (Sara Katrin) but all of a sudden the baby doesn't "feel"
like
a Sara anymore, plus I just found out Sara/Sarah is number 7 in the
most
popular names list this year. YAY. So now I'm trying to find another
girl
name with an S. And there aren't any! I like Salome but Sam already
vetoed
it and I kind of don't see me yelling "Salomeeeeeeeeeeeee" on the
playground, Stefanie, Sonja, Susanne, Sabine all make me shudder
because I
know at least one of each who was a stupid cow. I like Sandra, but
that's
my cousins name. And really there aren't that many more that are
pronouncable in german as well as in english/french. I like biblical
names
even though I don't "do" god/religion, simply because they're usually
pronouncable in any language. I like Abigail, but in german... No go.
Besides, doesn't start with an S. I like Ruth, but Sam doesn't. He
wants a
Sara Anna but Anna's my mothers name so I vetoed that *lol*.
I hate picking out names. For Sam it took nearly the whole pregnancy
and
even then I wasn't sure, but I looked at him and he was a Samuel
Christoph, so that was alright.
I have no boy name. It better be a girl.

All that said, I will go with Sara Katrin if I don't have some kind of
epiphany or a name comes to me in my sleep.

I quite like Samira/Semira, I think it works well in German too. Serena,
Scarlett and Shannon are all quite nice. Sienna might work quite well. I
like Sylvie.

But then what do I know - I definitely didn't want an S name! Didn't
think they went well with my surname!

Lucy x

actually, I do quite like Sienna Katrin!

Sam and Samira? hmmm. That might not be a smart move.

Hehe oh yeah

Lucy x