Old September 3rd 03, 01:28 AM
badgirl

Default bf help for women with large breasts

"iphigenia" wrote in message
Alberta wrote:
Is there something special that a woman with large breasts needs

be aware of when breastfeeding?

No, other than that some larger-breasted women may have areolae that

are
large enough that newborns have difficulty latching.

OMG I remember in the hospital the nurses telling me MOST of my areola
needed to be in Nicolas's mouth. When I would pull up my shirt and ask
them how I was supposed to get something bigger than his whole head in
his mouth they were kind of flabbergasted lol!

Oh, and with 38DD's the advice I have for the OP is only to practice
supporting the breast baby is on with one hand while holding the baby
with the other. Try lying down to nurse as much as possible, it makes
things much easier once you get the hange of it. A boppy pillow helps
quite a bit to hold the baby when you need to support your breast with
your other hand too.

Jen