Old November 16th 05, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default nuchal fold in 20 week ultrasound causing distress

Thank you to all who posted a reply to my source of distress. Already I
feel a little better. A few hours ago I actually called this doctor to
question her further but she was with patients and I am still awaiting her
call. I would like to have a level 3 genetic ultrasound screening done,
besides just the ECG, that is if this army hospital offers it. What I find
contadictary was her reply related to me by one of the staff at the labor
ward which is that even if I did have a 2nd ultrasound done next week
(where i would be over 20 weeks ) it did not affect the thickness of the
nuchal fold! This does not make any sense at all since she herself had
told both my husband and myself that the neuchal fold would not even have
been measured or considered an abnormality after the 20th week! I think
this doctor needs to get her facts straight cos she can cause most first
time mommies like me so much grief! Also,my husband, who is with the army
was elated when he found out we wee having a boy, only to be upset by that
piece of news! Please all...keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer
for our baby (we plan to name him Jonathan Emmanuel) and me (for my
sanity). Thanks!