Old September 8th 04, 07:35 AM
CME

"Istara" wrote in message
. ..
I have a job interview in the morning, and just (today) got a referral
on another one. The morning's interview is for an office job in the
dental school. The referral - the COOL one - is for a radio host
position with one of the (two) local broadcast groups.

At this point, I'd just about be willing to settle for a job at the
local grocery store, but... They don't pay enough to cover all of the
bills. I know, I know... Patience. But still...

Oh, um... FYI - I'm "in transition". I WAS in law enforcement
communications, then was (recently) diagnosed with an auditory
processing disorder and found unfit for duty because of it. Been
unemployed for a couple of weeks now, and am on a slow burn to
frustration - the only jobs I really know are housewife, L.E.
communications, jailing, and writing. What a mix, huh? Housewifing
doesn't pay the bills, can't stay in law enforcement due to the safety
issue with the auditory thing, and most of the writing work around here
is freelance work - which also doesn't pay the bills.

Anybody looking for a creative typist that can't handle more than one
conversation at a time?

It gets better. This is an opportunity to try something new, learn new
skills, meet new people, make a name for myself... I keep telling
myself... Patience. Perseverance. Faith. But it DOES get frustrating
soemtimes!

Keep your fingers crossed for me?

~ Dor

I definitely will. Good luck.

Btw, there are a couple of us in the Criminology field as well. Vicky aka V
and myself.

Christine