Old September 8th 04, 01:58 PM
lm

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:40:24 -0400, Istara
wrote:

I have a job interview in the morning, and just (today) got a referral
on another one. The morning's interview is for an office job in the
dental school. The referral - the COOL one - is for a radio host
position with one of the (two) local broadcast groups.

At this point, I'd just about be willing to settle for a job at the
local grocery store, but... They don't pay enough to cover all of the
bills. I know, I know... Patience. But still...

Oh, um... FYI - I'm "in transition". I WAS in law enforcement
communications, then was (recently) diagnosed with an auditory
processing disorder and found unfit for duty because of it. Been
unemployed for a couple of weeks now, and am on a slow burn to
frustration - the only jobs I really know are housewife, L.E.
communications, jailing, and writing. What a mix, huh? Housewifing
doesn't pay the bills, can't stay in law enforcement due to the safety
issue with the auditory thing, and most of the writing work around here
is freelance work - which also doesn't pay the bills.

Anybody looking for a creative typist that can't handle more than one
conversation at a time?

It gets better. This is an opportunity to try something new, learn new
skills, meet new people, make a name for myself... I keep telling
myself... Patience. Perseverance. Faith. But it DOES get frustrating
soemtimes!

Keep your fingers crossed for me?

Lots of writing in that field though. I used to be an editor for
USDOJ. Search their pubs ( www.ncjrs.org ), especially OJJDP, NIJ,
NLECTC, and VAWO, (the government is a haven for lost acronyms) and
when you find a report or something that fits your experience, look at
all the citations. Most of the research they publish is carried out by
universities, probably one near you. And believe me, they need writers
and editors :-)

lm