Old November 16th 05, 01:16 AM
medgirl

Default Sigh-Annual appointment with OB

"cjra96" wrote in message

My sister took off more time when her kids were older (they're now
10,13,15) then when they were newborns - she had the first two when she
was a resident (her husband is also an MD). By the time they were
school age, she was comfortably established, and then in between jobs
when they moved for her husband's job. So taking off was no big deal.
Still, she never took more than 6 months. She did manage to do some
part time for awhile as well, but again that was later, after being
established in her career where she can negotiate.

I think it does make a big difference when you are done with
residency/fellowship in terms of having more flexibility. When I am
finished I plan to structure my schedule in a much more family-friendly way.

Sarah
DD 3/1/05