Old September 12th 06, 12:01 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Default A prescription of a different kind

PeterB wrote:
Garry Freemyer wrote:
Whether ADHD exists or not is still a question in my mind or rather, I
wonder if what some are dealing with is something worse.

But this here, you've hit on one of the biggest problems - The OVERDIAGNOSIS
of a thing can be more damaging that the disorder itself. In this case, it
clear that this kid has a problem alright. The problem is - paranoid abusive
overdemanding perfectionist parents who need to learn to chill out instead
of looking for excuses for non-problems.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! I got the proof!

This reminds me of the storys where harried doctors could proscribe some
pills that were nothing but water or some other innocuous ingrediant to get
the nutcases out of their hair.

People who are determined to find a problem are the problem!

The drug makers need to manufacture as many "diseases" as possible in
order to sell another "treatment."

Can you document that Petey?

Just look at "rates" of depression,
which are magically skyrocketing in direct proportion to pharmaceutical
greed.

Can you document that, Petey?