Old September 12th 06, 08:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Default A prescription of a different kind

"vakker" wrote in message

"Garry Freemyer" wrote in message
.. .

"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just look at "rates" of depression, which are magically skyrocketing in
direct proportion to pharmaceutical greed.

PeterB

Yes in deed! Have you noticed how every single solitary treatment for
depression has the very most common side effect of being "Sucicidal
thoughts?"

Like, what's up with that? Maybe it's a simple case of as the person
comes out of depression, they gain some energy enough to even consider it
when maybe they didn't before.

I had major depression for 10 years - I could watch a tearjerker move and
feel nothing, absolutely nothing, and to try to get treated with drugs
for the depression was completely impossible.
Then it vanished as mysteriously as it appeared.

Now the doctors have gone completely the other way and take the shotgun
diagnosis approach. Instead of ordering cat scans, they do diagnosis by
experimentation. If they think the person might be depressed, give them a
pill and then another and another, instead of finding out more. Is the
patient saying that it just came over them without any apparrent reason?
Than maybe they are depressed, but if they say "I lost my mate or friend
or whatever" maybe they are grieving and need assistance in learning how
to move past that instead of a pill.

There are plenty of REAL diseases without having to confuse me or others
by making some up to boot.

If this trend of shotgun diagnosis via pill experimentation doesn't stop,
the drug companies will become richer, and something terrible is going to
happen. Enough people are going to get hurt that it will swing around
again and those who really do need treatment will NOT get what they need.

Balance, that's what's needed, but what we got is chaos.

What you've said is true. They're inventing new diseases, disorders and
conditions every day. The real motivation of course to sell more costly
expensive drugs.

Where the heck are all our politicians? Why don't they put an end to this
situation? Then again maybe they're a part or even the cause of it.

Interested interest?
Just look at the $$$$ donated to politicians by Big Phama.